Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Little About Me

First, I would like to thank all of you for viewing my blog site.  If nothing else, hopefully you will find some strength in reading what I've written and know that all is not hopeless.

I am a single mom of 3 beautiful children.  They mean the world to me and am blessed and proud to say they are mine.  I have been through a journey over the last few years.  I am coming to the end of a divorce.  I have been married to an alcoholic for 16 years.  We separated in 2006, got back together in 2007.  Separated again in April of 2008 and we are nearing the end of our marriage.  I am not here to bad mouth my ex in any way.  I can honestly say that if I had not gone through this journey, I wouldn't be where I am at today, so for that I am grateful to him. 

His disease, alcoholism, has put a toll on both my children and myself.  On December 18, 2007, I hit rock bottom on an emotional level and after conversations with a few people and with my Pastor, I literally dropped to my knees and  cried out to God in a way I had never before done.  Since that time I have experienced an intimate relationship with God...Face to Face instead of Side by Side.

On January 2, 2008, I took my first step in my first Alanon meeting and a year and a 1/2 later here I am.  I have been through alot of counceling and still continue both that and attend my meetings.  I have learned so much about myself along the way.  I have had many set backs.... I second guessed my decision about my marriage (several times), been through some nasty court appearances and didn't know where my next dollar would come from.  All I can say is that through the grace of my Heavenly Father, God, I am where I am at today.  Now don't get me wrong.  I still struggle to make ends meet along with struggling with my emotional and physical well being, but now it's easier to go through it all because of my faith in God.

Everything I do each day is for my children.  I am a school bus driver and attend college full time.  I am studying to become a Massage Therapist and absolutely LOVE IT!!!  I have many goals in life but providing my children with a safe, healthy and stable home is my priority.  I will be in college through May-2010 and plan to start my own business as a Massage Therapist.  I know I will obtain my goals.  I have to think that way or I will sink into a corner and crumble.   Looking into my kids eyes keeps me motivated and on that journey to obtain my goals. 

I could say alot more, but will end for now.  If you want to know more, you are welcomed to ask.  May God Bless all of you on your "Journey In Progress"!

~Terri